Mar 30, 2014

I wanted to do something sort of fun today since it’s Monday and I know some of you are probably dreading the week ahead! So let’s have some fun :) When researching ways to earn money at home and/or online, I often come across some things that are legit, but also a little bit “out there.” I make a mental note to possibly review these things at a later date, but sometimes I don’t get around to it. So, here’s a list of five ways you can earn extra cash that you probably did not even know existed!

Park at My House

Yes, you can really sign up to rent out your extra parking space! Park at My House will let you register and list that extra spot in your driveway for rent. Believe it or not, there are people who would pay you to rent your space. I’m not 100 percent sure, but I’m guessing that you’ll have the best luck making money with this if you live in town in an area where there is very little parking available. If you live ten miles out of town, I’m not sure you’ll find too many folks paying for your spot.

Store at My House

OK, so you don’t have parking space. Well, what about storage space? Store at My House will let you sign up and list out your storage space for rent to others. If you’ve got a big vacant closet, spare room, or basement with room to spare, you might want to consider it. Advertising your storage space here for others to use is free of charge. My only concern here would be this — what are people planning to stash away at my house? Let’s hope it’s not something illegal and the cops come knocking! Still, it’s an idea.

We Go Look

You can sign up here to be a “looker” and simply go check things out for people when they don’t have time or are unavailable to do it themselves. As a looker, someone might hire you to go check out a vehicle they found for sale on Craigslist or elsewhere to decide whether or not they should buy it. Or someone might hire you to check out a house for rent or a condo or motel they’re thinking of staying at for vacation. Basically, as the name implies, you just “go look” when others can’t.

Rent Out Your Car

Just as you can rent out your driveway and your storage space, you can also put your car up for rent and get paid to let people use it when you’re not. There are actually a few companies out now that let you sign up to provide this service, but most of them are centered around specific geographic areas. One of the more reputable companies you might consider checking out is Relay Rides.

Sell Celebrity Photos

Have you ever managed to snap a shot or two of a celebrity?  You may be able to get money for them with PR Photos. And not only that, but you’ll get paid 50 percent of what your image sells for.
This was fun! I come across things like this all the time, so I may try to make a similar list every week here. What about you? Have you ever tried any of these or do you know of a few other “outside the norm” ways to make extra cash?

0 comments:

Post a Comment